Way2Play TOGETHER Fall Break Camp (9/27-10/1, 2021)
REGISTRATION FOR WAY2PLAY TOGETHER CAN BE FOUND AT https://www.way2playtogether.com/
Join us for Way2Play TOGETHER camp, designed for campers ages 5-11 with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Our inclusive camp will run from 8am-4pm and allows children to join whole and small group Way2Play activities. Our specialized and highly trained staff will provide a smaller ratio, visual cues, and individualized support to encourage engagement and FUN!
The fall break camp of Way2Play Summer Camp will be held September 27-October 1, 2021 at Thompson Park (555 Nickajack Rd SE, Mableton, GA 30126). Thompson Park is the perfect location for camp with a great mix of both indoor and outdoor space. Nature trails, fishing ponds, two playgrounds, and open green spaces along with an indoor rec room and additional classrooms for enrichment.
Each week will offer new and exciting games and activities that will continually motivate and entertain all campers both physically and mentally with academic enrichment provided on a daily basis.
The CDC, state and ACA (American Camp Association) have come up with specific guidelines for camps and childcare facilities to remain open. Our entire staff has been trained on these guidelines and will have ongoing training regarding the most up to date news. Along with following the mandatory guidelines here are few other specific things that we will be doing:
– Campers entering the building at the start of the day will apply hand sanitizer provided by us or be given the option to wash their hands
– We will have staff members whose sole purpose is to sanitize tables, toys, playground/gym equipment, bathrooms and more on an hourly basis and after use by campers.
– Campers will be washing their hands every hour (at minimum) and before any meals or snacks.
– Campers will be in stagnant groups for the entire week with the same coaches
– Groups will remain smaller and will rotate between various spaces and activities only after they have been completely sanitized
– Per state guidelines we will be unable to provide lunch or snacks so campers will have to pack a lunch and 2 snacks
– There will be a reduced number of overall campers.
– Each camper will have their own “cubby” to place their personal belongings in
– Beyond anything else, the most important thing is to keep your child home if they are experiencing a fever or signs and symptoms of COVID-19.